Say Hello to our new Area Champions! Time for your first assignments.

Christopher Hoffman

May 11, 2018, 8:52:06 PM5/11/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey Hackers,

This last annual meeting we introduced Area Champions to the space. These are people who are subject matter experts in their area, willing to help guide members to best use their area, and keep informed about how their area is being utilized.

Here are our current Area Champions:
3D Printers - Kamin M. and Chris H.
Laser Cutter - Kamin M. and Chris H.
CNC - Kamin M. and Chris H.
Electronics - Joe D.
Machining - Brian B.
Fabrication - Frank L.
Welding - Frank L.
Woodworking - Allen R.
Workbench Area - Daniel Crews
Snackerspace - Eddie R.
Housekeeping - Chris H.

Soon their contact info will be prominently displayed in their area for easy reference. Feel free to reach out to them with any questions you may have, the champions are here to help!

Champions, it's time for your first assignments! In the next 2 weeks, I would like to see a first draft of policies for your particular area. They can be as broad or detailed as you would like, draft them as you see fit. Think of things like what equipment might need training before use, clean up policies, consumables, storage, organization, etc. Please submit them to the bo...@gainesvillehackerspace.org by May 25. Thank you!