Molten Aluminum Vs Steak

GRB352

May 26, 2016, 8:25:29 PM5/26/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace

Daniel Bui

May 27, 2016, 8:30:58 PM5/27/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Thanks!  I enjoyed the bit with steak cooking on a pool of molten metal.  I should point out that measuring the depth of discoloration to a steak is a misleading estimatation for the extent of injury done to a live person.  Just the faint discoloration of the steak surface in the first test is probably already equivalent to a third degree burn injury.  Play safe, folks!

Randy Fischer

May 27, 2016, 8:49:30 PM5/27/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Daniel Bui <danie...@gmail.com> wrote:
equivalent to a third degree burn injury

Well, from personal experience, 2nd degree burns (blistering) are the worst.   3rd degree burns  (charring) destroys the pain neurons - it's only later in therapy you'll mind.

Austin Davis-Richardson

May 28, 2016, 3:18:11 AM5/28/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
This has to cause cancer.

See also: sous vide-ing a steak in mercury.

--austin