Table at the Mini Maker Faire...

Allen Rout

Jan 25, 2018, 11:03:21 PM1/25/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, folks.

I'm going to be holding down the Gainesville Hackerspace table at the
forthcoming Mini Maker Faire, feb 24th.

https://gainesville.makerfaire.com/

and I'm looking for additional participants.

I intend to bring some light crafting bits: at the moment I figure
I'll have some drawer bits in which I'll be cutting dovetails, and the
spot welder (my homemade frankenstein for looks, and the Harbor
Freight one for reals) with some bits of sheet stainless for scrap to
work on. Might see if we can get some good sheet to work with the
english wheel.

But this kind of hands-on fabrication stuff is just one facet of what
we're about. I'd love to have a few other folks for company, filling
out some of the variety of stuff we do. Anybody feel like doing some
demos?

- Allen S. Rout

Christopher Hoffman

Jan 27, 2018, 6:25:11 PM1/27/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I'll be helping Joseph and Kamin run the faire, so I won't be able to man the hackerspace booth, but I am more than happy to help provide things to demo. I can teach a member how to 3D scan with the kinect, attendees would love to be scanned. I also have a bunch of 3D printed props and such. The commodore 64 was surprisingly popular at the Orlando Maker Faire, and we have games now!

I can also start laser cutting a bunch more keychains to give out.

-Chris

GRB352

Feb 22, 2018, 4:45:36 PM2/22/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I've got my own booth, but I pot a note down on my app to put my booth next to the HS booth if it wasn't too much hassle. That way we can watch each others booths for bathrooms breaks, etc. Hopefully they make it happen.

Mark Davidson

Feb 22, 2018, 5:09:49 PM2/22/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I am just finishing up table assignments. I will make sure you are next to hackerspace inside.

On Feb 22, 2018 4:45 PM, "GRB352" <gregoryro...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've got my own booth, but I pot a note down on my app to put my booth next to the HS booth if it wasn't too much hassle. That way we can watch each others booths for bathrooms breaks, etc. Hopefully they make it happen.

GRB352

Feb 23, 2018, 2:16:57 PM2/23/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Excellent, Thanks Mark!

Joseph DiPietro

Feb 24, 2018, 9:31:26 AM2/24/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Where is the (motorcycle) parking going to be for the makerfaire?  As I recall there is not a lot of parking at the toybox.

GRB352

Feb 25, 2018, 1:00:49 AM2/25/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
My booth at the GMMF.  I probably should have turned around and gotten a few secs of the the HS booth. Allen was looking good out there with some cool woodworking stuff.

I had a good time and I was glad to catch up with my HS buds!  I think everything turned out pretty well and it gave me a real chance to show off my stuff.

GRB352

Feb 27, 2018, 10:51:46 PM2/27/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Here is Allen doing his thing for some of the attendee's at the HS booth. After that they caught me telling someone about how much I wanted to hit 80C in my heat chamber ;-)