New Treasurer, 8 New Members, and Minutes from Sept Board Meeting!

Christopher Hoffman

Sep 7, 2017, 8:21:40 PM9/7/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey Hackers!
We had an exciting meeting this last Tuesday. So let me give you the full recap:

Treasurer Special Elections:
Welcome Robert Hauser as our new Treasurer! Robert was awesome enough to step up and fill the vacant position of Treasurer. Welcome a'Board, Robert!
As always with treasurers, he can now be reached at trea...@gainesvillehackerspace.org, so feel free to grill him with any tough financial questions!

8 New Members:
The voting members voted on 8 (yes, eight!) applications this last meeting, and they were all voted in!

Welcome our newest members:
Nick Clements
Alex Diep
Cullen Fitzgerald
Bruce Floyd
Benjamin King
Nemanja Rodic
Matthew J. Traum
Zachary Wiggins

They all bring a variety of amazing skills, knowledge, and ideas to the space. So be sure to introduce yourself to them if you see a new face at the Hackerspace!

Board Meeting:
Finally, we had our monthly board meeting, so here are the minutes from the meeting.

In Attendance:
Daniel, Eddie, Chris, Frank

Meeting Called to Order @ 6:22pm by
  • Update on Sun Center's new Management
    • Encourage members to keep and eye out for possible locations to move to.
    • Get Lease, check lease, confirm if management needs to give 90 days or 30 day notice.
    • Talk with people from the City to see if they have suggestions for locations. Adrian Hayes-Santos, Charles Z., Harvey Ward
    • Get List of Companies (showing employment creation) and Events
    • Announce to membership that we are looking for space. (An email with more details is coming soon!)
  • Field to add to the Membership Applications
    • Add an "Other" section to allow for people to give more details on who they are, what they like to do, etc.
    • Encourage applicants to give those details, it really helps voting members!
  • Secretary sent out a New Applicant Document to voting members:
    • Members expressed appreciation for new document containing information on applicants.
    • Add section for which member vouches for whom.
  • Gainesville Hackerspace was accepted for the Orlando Maker Faire!
  • Eddie wants to start the strategy meetings again.
    • Talk about how to handle fundraising and the toolbox.
    • Will start again Next Tuesday, beginning at 6pm.
Action Items:
  • Daniel to get the Lease
  • Daniel and Eddie to talk with people from the City regarding possibly locations should the Sun Center decide to give us notice.
  • Daniel to write draft of email announcing the situation, and Chris will polish.
  • Chris to start planning committee for the Orlando Maker Faire
  • Chris to add sections to membership application

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to me, secr...@gainesvillehackerspace.org!

Christopher Hoffman
Secretary, Gainesville Hackerspace