Vice ideas..

Allen Rout

Feb 5, 2015, 10:19:35 PM2/5/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com, Allan West
Hmm. I wonder where we could find some bowling balls.

http://imgur.com/a/o7O3f

- Allen S. Rout

Frank

Feb 5, 2015, 11:32:11 PM2/5/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I have one you can have.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

matteroflight

Feb 6, 2015, 12:32:50 AM2/6/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Don't make a vice if you want a vice.  This is a thing you buy.  It can be done, but to make a good one requires a lot more time than it's worth.  There are other areas where attention is better suited.  I'll happily throw in $25 for a vice.

Allen Rout

Feb 6, 2015, 9:10:08 AM2/6/15
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM, matteroflight <matter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't make a vice if you want a vice. This is a thing you buy. It can be
> done, but to make a good one requires a lot more time than it's worth.
> There are other areas where attention is better suited. I'll happily throw
> in $25 for a vice.

I wouldn't make the vice itself, but it seemed an interesting mount
for the purchased vice.

Though there are some leg vice designs for woodworkers that are
eminently shop-buildable.

- Allen S. Rout

Christopher Hoffman

Feb 6, 2015, 11:44:24 AM2/6/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com, al...@cookie.org
I like this idea, it gives you full freedom of orientation with the vice! Do it!