Large Syringes needed

GRB352

Jul 10, 2016, 5:22:12 PM7/10/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Does anyone have, or know where I can locate for dirt cheap, some large syringes? I don't need any needles, unless they are crazy large (like for a rhino). Don't worry, I'm not taking up Elephant juice, I just have a couple projects I would like to try:

something like this food/paste extruder:
https://youtu.be/Moiyvq8P2Vs

and I thought as long as I was at it, I might try sum'n like this for part of my robot:
https://youtu.be/Qeg0y5AAmtI

Joey

Jul 10, 2016, 5:26:13 PM7/10/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

Try the repurpose project, I got a 50 mil syringe there.

Daniel Crews

Jul 10, 2016, 6:41:30 PM7/10/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I've got one around here somewhere... I believe it was meant to be used as a "dog medicine delivery" and thus was available locally for a vaguely sane price when I needed one. You might be able to find them bulk...

Fin

GRB352

Jul 14, 2016, 10:23:33 PM7/14/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Repurpose project. definitely on my list next trip to gville, thanks!

Leonard Pearlman

Jul 15, 2016, 7:37:33 AM7/15/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Well, how about Wall Mart?  Open late!  Has a lot of "shop" stuff if you look around.  Big syringes are sold as cooking gear, along with the outdoor cooking stuff.   If that's not big enough, how about a "cookie press"?  That's made for food.  I have one that works with a big screw, others have a ratcheting thing like a grease-gun.

Lenny

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:23:33 -0700
From: gregoryro...@gmail.com
To: gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Large Syringes needed

Repurpose project. definitely on my list next trip to gville, thanks!

Jason Monsorno

Jul 15, 2016, 10:27:57 AM7/15/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
https://www.sciplus.com/s?sStr=syringe&x=0&y=0

They even have some kits for syringe powered hydraulics.