New Hardware/Software at Hackerspace

Daniel Smith

Jul 19, 2017, 6:38:56 PM7/19/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we acquired a new PC at Hackerspace and have set it up as a workstation for everyone to use. Currently, its running Windows 10 with Autodesk Fusion 360 and all of the Adobe applications including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, After Effects and more. Although we have plans to add more software, we are still looking for a few hardware upgrades for our newest workstation. Below is a list of what we need to improve the experience for everyone. Please let us know if you have any of these items you can donate for this workstation.

Items Needed:
- Graphics Card (Currently has NVIDIA 9300)
- Ram Memory (Currently has 2x 2gb ddr2 sticks with room for 4 sticks)

As a recap, this PC and its powerful software is for all of our members to use and setup to increase productivity while adding value for everyone.

I cannot wait to see what kind of creations come out of this new setup,

Daniel W. Smith
Treasurer at Gainesville Hackerspace

Mark Venzke

Jul 19, 2017, 10:32:59 PM7/19/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

Wow.

Good to know.

GRB352

Jul 21, 2017, 2:45:11 PM7/21/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Nice! thanks!

Im not sure if you have it locked down or not, but here are some recommended apps I use and other might need:

All free open source, and what I use to do most of my 25/3D design.

CAMBam would also be nice, but it expires after 30 uses.