Proposed change to bylaws.

Allen Rout

Mar 12, 2015, 11:13:55 PM3/12/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
So I've been threatening to propose this change to the bylaws for some
time. Finally, I've buckled down and done it. For your
consideration:

https://github.com/rout39574/bylaws/commit/99044799764b3ca9968a54ab9d8896cd3d27dcf0

We not-infrequently have difficulty getting enough of the voting
membership around to add new members. This change would let the Board
act on candidate members, if we were short of quorum.

This constitutes notification, and I'll put it in petition form, and
start trying to get signatures. If everyone loves the idea, (i,e.
immediate requisite signatures) it can go into effect not in April,
but in May.

- Allen S. Rout