Keycard access to 6th Street Shop is Working!

Christopher Hoffman

Dec 17, 2017, 8:20:45 PM12/17/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey members! The RFID card reader is up and running at the new 6th street location. It's located on the rear door on the side of the building.

Careful when you enter, it may be dark inside, and we do not yet have lights leading people from the door to the light switches by the bathroom.

Thank you Frank, Eddie, Joe, and everyone else that worked on getting the reader installed and operational!

Joseph DiPietro

Dec 17, 2017, 8:31:28 PM12/17/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

Due to the way things from the downtown space were stuffed into every nook and cranny there is NO direct path from the back door to the light switches. If you go to the space you must have a flashlight. You need to go into the backroom by the overhead door, through the door into the project room through the bathroom and back into the backroom to reach the light switches.
I will try to create a more direct path tomorrow.

Allen Rout

Dec 18, 2017, 2:44:22 PM12/18/17
On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Joseph DiPietro <rfeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Due to the way things from the downtown space were stuffed into every nook
> and cranny there is NO direct path from the back door to the light switches.
> If you go to the space you must have a flashlight. You need to go into the
> backroom by the overhead door, through the door into the project room
> through the bathroom and back into the backroom to reach the light switches.
> I will try to create a more direct path tomorrow.

Sweet! Other humans can start doing stuff there too, now!

Dear fantastically hardworking move committee folk: if you can start
writing down (maybe on a whiteboard?) things you'd like the strong of
back, weak of mind to work on, some of us can do stuff.

- Allen S. Rout

Joseph DiPietro

Dec 18, 2017, 3:25:40 PM12/18/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
When you enter via the keycard door you need to turn the doorknob then swipe your card and pull.

Joseph DiPietro

Dec 18, 2017, 3:27:46 PM12/18/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
When you enter you will see the nightlight and wall switches on the opposite wall.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 3:25 PM Joseph DiPietro <rfeng...@gmail.com> wrote:
When you enter via the keycard door you need to turn the doorknob then swipe your card and pull.

Joseph DiPietro

Dec 18, 2017, 4:40:28 PM12/18/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Only turn on the two black switches. The others don't do anything.

Brian Bartholomew

Dec 19, 2017, 7:31:57 AM12/19/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Wow. That's a lot of moving, I'm impressed.

I like the finger tables alternating with wire racks, and horizontal filing
cabinets on the other side. The spacing "feels right".

Brian

Brian Bartholomew

Dec 19, 2017, 4:20:49 PM12/19/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Will there be a Tuesday night gathering tonight?
Perhaps in the front area of 6th street?

Brian

Joseph DiPietro

Dec 19, 2017, 4:40:18 PM12/19/17
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com