Floridians for Solar Choice petition

Eddie Reid

May 14, 2015, 9:24:47 AM5/14/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
This may be old news to some, but I just heard about this on NPR last
night and looked it up today.

It seems that FL is one of five states that bands the sale of solar
energy to anyone other than the local power company.

There is a political action PAC that I speculate is funded by solar
leasing companies trying to change this law, so that they can sell
leased solar in Florida. That is, sell the power from the leased system
back to the home owner at a profit.

I see some side benefits to the law change for individuals that put in
solar also. One is that if you invest in solar and want to sell your
excess to your neighbour you can. It would allow you to charge what you
neighbour would pay instead of the about 4 cents a kilowatt the power
company offers. Another is if you have rental property and want to put
in solar and sell the power to your renters this change would allow you
to, again at your rate.

As some of you know I am putting in solar panels on my new garage, so
this can be viewed as a shameless plug, and to that end I have already
entertained fancies of selling my excess power to the neighbours (of
course with out talking to them or understanding how it could be done).

For these reasons I am signing this petition, and I would encourage you
to as well. If you know anything about this I would like to hear you
thoughts good and especially bad.

Link to the petition web page.

http://www.flsolarchoice.org/

Thanks,
Eddie

maureen reschly

May 14, 2015, 10:18:49 AM5/14/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eddie,

I signed this petition earlier this year.  I figure whatever can be done to increase solar power production in this country, and thereby decrease dependence on harmful fossil fuels, should be done! My 2 cents.
:)
maureen

GRB352

May 14, 2015, 2:45:27 PM5/14/15