Vector format skillhouse logo?

Allen Rout

Nov 21, 2014, 11:23:55 AM11/21/14
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

I saw that someone was working on a skillhouse design to 3d print the other night.  We should upload versions of that thing to the wiki, so we can play with them in various formats.

I don't recall; do we have a vector format running around?

- Allen S. Rout

matteroflight

Nov 21, 2014, 12:25:16 PM11/21/14
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
The correct way would be to take this and trace over it to make the vector file by hand.  I tried to convert it via inkscape, the result wasn't good.  We could create a new logo or modify this one.  I included my .blend (difference modifier is not applied) and .stl files.  Potentially the person who made the logo has the file still.  I found it on the twitter. Speaking of which does anyone have access?  It's registered via <someUser>@skillhouse.org?

Inline image 1

skillhouse.blend
skillhouselogo.stl

GRB352

Nov 22, 2014, 2:21:34 AM11/22/14
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure how to upload to the wiki.

skillhouse-clean3.png
skillhouse-clean3.dwg

GRB352

Dec 13, 2014, 4:15:51 PM12/13/14
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
The results of my playing with the logo. The scad file is the primary file, and includes the DXF files when it compiles (easy to see how in the SCAD file). The DWG was used to generate the DXF exports 2002 ACSII DXF as described in this (unfinished) document.
http://wiki.skillhouse.org/index.php/Draftsight-2D-OpenSCAD-3D-Print
I will probably use this message and these files as a start to finish that document.

I can't seem to make it any smaller without changing its aspect ratio. mainly because of the lines in the S, and I think the house. I made the lines .4mm wide, which is the smallest line the 3d printer can draw. If you make that any smaller, the slicer (cura) just makes the line disappear.

I tried with the outer ring , the house, and the S all at different heights and the ring/backing at different diameters but I like this one the best so far. Feel free to change the values at top of SCAD (and then recompile) file to see for yourself. Remix and try making some changes.

If I can figure out how to apply letters at a curve I would like to add the URL.

One with no backing might be neat (fan cover?), but I'm not sure it will come off the build plate in one piece....maybe with a "raft" as support.

I also considered making the 6 round parts at the center of the S larger and with a hole in the center to thread screws into.

skillhouse-draftsight-openscad5b.stl
skillhouse-draftsight-openscad5.scad
sh-skill3b.dxf
shm-skill1.dxf