Machine Shop Tools Fundraiser!

Christopher Hoffman

Mar 30, 2018, 7:38:00 PM3/30/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
******* Pledge your Donations Here! https://goo.gl/forms/d3WwSZphNWRHtwTo2 *******

**** Current Percent Pledged: 55%! ****

Gainesville Hackerspace member Frank Lowry came across an amazing selection of machine shop equipment at an estate sale.
They are looking to get rid of the whole lot for a steal, so we are starting a fundraiser to collect donations to purchase that equipment.

These tools would fill out the machine room of the 6th street shop nicely, and would be an amazing addition to the Gainesville Hackerspace.

A sample of the tools are:
* Bridgeport Milling Machine
* Enco Metal Lathe
* Grizzly Heavy-Duty Jointer
* Grizzly Sander
* 2HP Dust Collection System
* Craftsman table saw
* 18in Scroll Saw
* Central Hydraulics Foldable Shop Crane
* Rockwell Bandsaw
* Sandblasting Cabinet
* 1989 4.3L Motor
* Tabletop Drill Press
* Drum set
* And a collection of hand tools, dovetail jigs, welding helmets, and more!

Asking Price: $2450
Fundraiser Ends: April 13th, 2018

See pictures at: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/11xkmdD0lt199lpzIXqhOu1IuXlDIoTDA

The Gainesville Hackerspace is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, so donations are tax-deductible. Please send any questions to board@gainesvillehackerspace.org. We appreciate any amount you could donate, and thank you for helping bring new tools into the hands of makers!

Some pieces of equipment might be sold in the future. By donating to this fundraiser, you agree that any future funds from the sale of equipment would not be returned to donators, but instead would be retained by the Gainesville Hackerspace.

Christopher Hoffman

Mar 30, 2018, 7:41:43 PM3/30/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I already have marked down the people who graciously pledged during the Annual meeting, so you do not need to fill out the form if you talked to me then.

I have also made fundraising events on Facebook and Meetup. Feel free to share those with anyone who may want to help contribute!

Christopher Hoffman

Apr 2, 2018, 9:43:50 PM4/2/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace

We are nearing the home stretch! We are currently 78% funded, with just $550 to go before we have an entire machine shop's worth of new tools to play with!

Today's tool of the day is this awesome 2HP Central Machinery Dust Collection system! The perfect way to keep our new space clean and dust free as we are woodworking to our hearts desire!

Will you help us raise that last $550 and give these tools a good home? You can make your pledge here: https://goo.gl/forms/d3WwSZphNWRHtwTo2 Donations are tax-deductible!

Rick Fabiani

Apr 3, 2018, 2:01:46 PM4/3/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I am going to donate to this either way, but I am seriously interested in this drum situation. I am serious about putting in a decent chunk if I can get that set. I need one for this band I'm involved with. Our drummer is currently sans set and we have a show in less than a fortnight. Considering that they are not even listed in the price calculation, it seems like a possible win-win.

I am also looking forward to having access to a real full size table saw and shop crane.

Thoughts? Comments?

Joseph Floyd

Apr 3, 2018, 2:05:46 PM4/3/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Rick,
I noticed this before...I think maybe you should throw out a number.  Whats a good chunk?  The email below said we were $550 away...So how close to $550 seems like a fair price, but still a good deal on the drums?

Have a great day and keep pedaling,

Joseph

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephfloyd

cell: 912-717-1044

-------         o

------ _ `\ <, _

----- ( • ) / ( • )

 --------------------

"Those who wish to control their own lives

and move beyond existence as mere

clients and consumers - those people

ride a bike."  ~ Wolfgang Sachs

Christopher Hoffman

Apr 4, 2018, 7:34:33 AM4/4/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Good news everyone! We have reached our goal of $2450 pledged! Thank you everyone who has donated to this opportunity to equip the Machine Room at the 6th street location! Expect to see pictures of members projects using the new tools as soon as we get them set up!

I will be contacting all those who pledged to start collecting the donations. We ask that all donations be sent in by next Tuesday (4/10). Donations can be made either by cash, or check made out to Gainesville Hackerspace, Inc, or via PayPal by going to https://www.gainesvillehackerspace.org/ and clicking the big "Donate" button at the top of the screen. Members can drop cash or checks off at the Pay Station inside the computer room, or checks can be sent to 2803 NW 6th St, Gainesville, FL 32609.

If you did not pledge, but would still like to donate, we would gladly accept your contributions! These are all used equipment, so any additional donations will go to any necessary repairs, or other expenses to get the new machine room at the 6th street up and running!

Again, thank you everyone who made this tool fundraiser successful, by spreading the word and donating. Lets get to making some amazing projects!

-Christopher Hoffman

Brian Bartholomew

Apr 4, 2018, 5:33:07 PM4/4/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Could we paint the ceiling before we move additional items into the room?

Brian

Frank

Apr 4, 2018, 9:28:23 PM4/4/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
That would be wise. I'd like to see the paint sprayer Joe has in mind for that. I'll be moving a few things out in a couple of days that don't need to be in there.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 4, 2018, at 5:33 PM, "'Brian Bartholomew' via Gainesville Hackerspace" <gainesville...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Could we paint the ceiling before we move additional items into the room?
>
> Brian

Brian Bartholomew

Apr 5, 2018, 3:09:05 PM4/5/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Good to clean up the ceiling before we attach a lot of stuff to it.

Brian
1.jpg