Jacksonville Mini Maker Faire on April 7th. Lets do it!

Christopher Hoffman

Mar 4, 2018, 8:51:08 PM3/4/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey Hackers!

Jacksonville is having their Mini Maker Faire on April 7th! We had a good showing at the Orlando Maker faire (we got a few new members from it actually), and Allen's dovetails and English Wheel demonstrations were a big hit at our own Mini Maker faire a few weekends ago. We should keep up that momentum and go exhibit at the Jacksonville Mini Maker Faire!

Who would want to be part of the Gainesville Hackerspace booth? I was thinking I'd bring my kinect and 3D scan people. Joseph Floyd will also be there with his bikes and Frank's Crazy Train to represent Menagerie in Motion. Anyone else have ideas for what we could do as a group?

Frank

Mar 4, 2018, 9:15:15 PM3/4/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to try to make out. Something that may be fun to bring if I can get it working again, a theremin. I believe there may be some other hackers with electronic musical instruments that may wish to display them as well.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

Joseph Floyd

Mar 4, 2018, 9:20:07 PM3/4/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I read thermite at first...but I guess theremin is cool too.

Have a great day and keep pedaling,

Joseph

https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephfloyd

cell: 912-717-1044

-------         o

------ _ `\ <, _

----- ( • ) / ( • )

 --------------------

"Those who wish to control their own lives

and move beyond existence as mere

clients and consumers - those people

ride a bike."  ~ Wolfgang Sachs

On Mar 4, 2018, at 8:51 PM, Christopher Hoffman <csh.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Hackers!

Jacksonville is having their Mini Maker Faire on April 7th! We had a good showing at the Orlando Maker faire (we got a few new members from it actually), and Allen's dovetails and English Wheel demonstrations were a big hit at our own Mini Maker faire a few weekends ago. We should keep up that momentum and go exhibit at the Jacksonville Mini Maker Faire!

Who would want to be part of the Gainesville Hackerspace booth? I was thinking I'd bring my kinect and 3D scan people. Joseph Floyd will also be there with his bikes and Frank's Crazy Train to represent Menagerie in Motion. Anyone else have ideas for what we could do as a group?

Frank

Mar 5, 2018, 12:27:50 PM3/5/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
There may be some insurance restrictions on a thermite demo.

Frank

Sent from my iPad
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to gainesville-hacke...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gainesville-hackerspace/CAGjPTpE3JTmroAJ-Mni6KKSQcXZKM2%2Bjpn3w9sByY4zSjZZ3CA%40mail.gmail.com.

Christopher Hoffman

Mar 5, 2018, 8:04:13 PM3/5/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I have a coworker who has 10 lbs of thermite just waiting for a reason to fire it up....

Joseph DiPietro

Mar 5, 2018, 8:06:06 PM3/5/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
There's a bit more than 10kg in the back of my truck.