Monoprice 3D Printer

Liza Kholodkova

Aug 23, 2016, 3:59:45 PM8/23/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hackers,

I purchased Monorpice 3D printer form amazon prime for my dad. I will be bringing it tonight if anyone is curious to check it out.

The printer is between $200 - 250 on amazon. Crazy price!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FL49VZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
Sincerely,

Liza Kholodkova
Founder of Botsy BeDrawn
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer

Daniel Crews

Aug 23, 2016, 6:15:03 PM8/23/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Cool! I'm very interested to see it!

Fin

Christopher Hoffman

Liza Kholodkova

Aug 23, 2016, 11:37:35 PM8/23/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

I printed one with Rob's deltabot and the other with the Monoprice.

Started to print another drawer but the printed broke. :(((

They have 1 year warranty so I will be shipping it back and getting a new one.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016, Christopher Hoffman <csh.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sadly I couldn't make it this week (finishing a costume, its crunch time). You'll have to let me know how it works out!!!

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 6:15:03 PM UTC-4, Daniel Crews wrote:
Cool! I'm very interested to see it!
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Liza Kholodkova <lizakho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

I purchased Monorpice 3D printer form amazon prime for my dad. I will be bringing it tonight if anyone is curious to check it out.

The printer is between $200 - 250 on amazon. Crazy price!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FL49VZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
Sincerely,

Liza Kholodkova
Founder of Botsy BeDrawn
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer

Fin

IMG_6030.JPG

GRB352

Aug 26, 2016, 6:47:44 PM8/26/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Also, using the same speed settings the delta printed the same item in 1 hr instead of 1:20 on monoprice. This is due to higher acceleration speeds of the delta. Meaning it can start/stop faster and move faster while not printing (travel moves).

The large delta has 0.8mm nozzle instead of 0.4mm like the smaller delta. So it will probably print that object in 35 minutes using same settings. And in 15-20 min if you increase the layer height from 0.3mm (300 microns) to 0.5mm layers. (0.6mm layers also possible).

Not many items really come out good at 500 micron layers though.

Christopher Hoffman

Aug 26, 2016, 9:35:36 PM8/26/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
I should have hit you up, I'm printing pieces for a shield. Its 36 inches in diameter, taken the pieces over 80 hours to print so far, with about 40 left to go. So much printing with 0.3mm layer heights and a 0.4mm nozzle.

GRB352

Aug 26, 2016, 10:45:50 PM8/26/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
ABS or PLA? If PLA then use the big printer at HS, I can probably get you going over the phone. You might want to wait a couple days though, because I'm going to swap out the big printer for a better big printer. Maybe this weekend or Tuesday. It can do ABS, but it is not yet enclosed. .

I would also point out that you have two nozzles on your printer, you could change one to a larger diameter and it would still work out great for supports or for "fast and rough" printing. I have nozzles ;-) Lmk and I'll bring one tue.