Pick and Place possibilities

GRB352

Feb 25, 2018, 1:12:10 AM2/25/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Apparently this is what the kids are using these days to drive their Pick and place systems. (it has been a real mystery to me)
http://openpnp.org

I don't need a P&P really, but the tool looks pretty simple to make and a have a practically useless delta dremel bot that could be re-purposed and donated to the space if anyone can make sense of this open source software and is willing to spend the hours playing with it to figure it out. I'm willing to make sure the hardware works, but not spend hours mastering its use.

Also there is the matter of the visual sensor (to check the position of the picked up component), I'm a little fuzzy on that part.

GRB352

Feb 25, 2018, 1:47:50 PM2/25/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
This is what got me thinking bout it again:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/deltabot/xI13eoeWKpY