"Nation of Makers"?

Daniel Crews

Nov 16, 2016, 8:12:52 AM11/16/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
A new organization focused on promoting the "maker movement" has just been announced:
http://www.nationofmakers.us/

I'm not sure what opportunities it might offer the Gainesville Hackerspace, but I'm throwing this out as an FYI for anyone who thinks it might help them with their plans to expand our activities.

--
Fin

David Brightbill

Nov 16, 2016, 10:52:08 AM11/16/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
FYI - this group evolved from a meeting at the White House I attended in August. It's a very good thing and I hope that the GVL space will participate.

David Brightbill
Making Awesome
Tallahassee

Liza Kholodkova

Mark Davidson

Liza Kholodkova

Nov 16, 2016, 5:02:34 PM11/16/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
Thank you for spreading the word of Gainesville Hackerspace. We have been making changes to the space the past few months and have ideas of how to get more people involved.
Would you be interested in coming out to one of our board meetings? We have one the first Tuesday of every month (Next one is Dec 6th).  I would love to hear advice and your thoughts on how to make Hackerspace better for Gainesville and our city's makers.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Mark Davidson <outdoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Sincerely,

Liza Kholodkova
Founder of Botsy BeDrawn
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer

Mark Davidson

Nov 16, 2016, 5:54:48 PM11/16/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

I would be very glad to! I can put dec 6th on my calendar or we can do anytime after first of the year, whatever is convenient.