Next project? Fire Pong!

Christopher Hoffman

Sep 7, 2016, 12:48:13 PM9/7/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace

matteroflight

Sep 7, 2016, 3:03:41 PM9/7/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Very cool!  Thanks for sharing!

I'm more inclined to try a hackerbox for the next project.

Eddie Reid

Sep 8, 2016, 8:08:45 AM9/8/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I have a friend who could use some help in his business. He has a year
or two of credit card and bank statements that he needs scanned into
excel so he can get them into quick books. Meaning he will pay for the work.

So the plan was to scan the statements to PDF and use a program like
PDF2XL to OCR the data into Excel. The trick is to strip out all of the
useless date from the statement so that he just has the, date, amount
and description for each transaction.

Anyone have skills in this area let me know.

Thanks,

Eddie

Jason Monsorno

Sep 8, 2016, 8:33:39 AM9/8/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

Almost all banks and cc companies allow you access that online and download QuickBooks or similar file that you can import. Some limit it per statement,  typically cc, and some allow you to specify date ranges to download, typically banks.

Eddie Reid

Sep 8, 2016, 10:16:12 AM9/8/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, the problem is that these are closed accounts and the banks will only provide paper copies.

Eddie

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gainesville-hackerspace/CAK%3Dd60J%3D4AuM_%3D%2BvT9Nr%3D%2BvJNQWT2dYHbb_EqBOwwagbLu2BRQ%40mail.gmail.com.

chrissy k

Sep 13, 2016, 8:42:23 PM9/13/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried this but I saw something about using a different program that supposedly does that for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxdoXyMsOI

That was the first one that came up when I searched.

Christian Campbell