July Board and General Body Meeting Minutes - 2017-07-11

Christopher Hoffman

Jul 11, 2017, 9:43:17 PM7/11/17
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey Hackers,

Here are the minutes for tonight's meeting. A lot of exciting things are happening at the hackerspace, keep an eye out for more event details, and say hello to our new member, Helen Herring!

As always, feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Christopher Hoffman
Secretary of the Gainesville Hackerspace

Board Meeting - 2017-07-11
Board Meeting called to order at 6:04pm
In Attendance: Eddie, Chris, Daniel, Frank

Liza announces resignation from position of President.
Board moves to hold special elections for President on August 1st. Votes: 4 Yeas
- Those interested should announce their intent to run to the board. More information will follow!
Board moves to begin formulating a repayment plan to Allen R. for loans taken out on behalf of the hackerspace during his time as treasurer. Votes: 4 yeas
- Daniel to work with Allen to discuss a potential plan, and bring it back before the board.
Joseph F. and Daniel S. brings up a concept of 'Open Derby Build Night' at the workshop, for those interested in next years Kinetic Derby
- First 'Open Build Night' will be July 26th, 6pm-9pm. More details (and a Meetup.com event) to come.
Chris H. moves to move email server over to Google for Nonprofits, allowing us to use our gainesvillehackerspace.org domain for emails, as well as a slew of other benefits. Votes: 4 yeas.
Orlando Maker Faire is looking for exhibitors for their upcoming Maker Faire in October 21-22. Many members present showed interest in the Gainesville Hackerspace applying to be an exhibitor.
- Christopher Hoffman to form committee and work out details for application. Talk to him if you are interested, and keep and eye out for more information!
H-4 University is looking to hold a small event for ~20 high school students at the Hackerspace on August 1st, 9am-12pm.
- Daniel S. to head committee to organize the event. We are looking for members to give a small demo of machines/tools/skills at the hackerspace during that time. Talk to Daniel if interested, and more information to come out soon.
Action Items:
- Eddie to aggregate domain information under a common Gainesville Hackerspace account.
- Daniel to get with Allen to form and bring a repayment plan in front of the board, and to form a committee for the 4-H event in August
- Chris to finish the RFID card project, begin the gsuite email server project, and to begin pulling resources for the Orlando Maker Faire
Meeting Adjourned at 6:54pm.
Normal Member Meeting - 2017-07-11
Voting Members in Attendance:
14 of 16 - Quorum met.
Present: Chris Hoffman, Daniel S, Eddie R, Frank L, Jim W, Joe D, Joseph F, Liza K, Robert H, Daniel C, Allen R, Rob B, Kamin M, Chris Holcomb
Absent:  Brian L, Ian T
Motion for accepting membership application:
- Helen Herring: Motion Passes