Hackerspace Weekly Digest: Feb 5, 2018 - Electronics Class this Thursday!

Christopher Hoffman

Feb 5, 2018, 7:22:41 PM2/5/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hey Hackers,

Happy February everyone, already 1/12 of the way through 2018! Here's this week's update:

Calendar:
  • Tuesday (2/6)
  • Thursday (2/8)
    • 7pm - Intro to Electronic Test Equipment - Free Workshop.
      • https://www.facebook.com/events/182260865863182/
      • Joe D. will be covering the safe use of the more common types of electronic test equipment. We will use analog and digital multimeters to measure resistance, AC and DC Voltage and current and oscilloscopes to measure Voltage and frequency. This class is free and open to the public, so we hope to see you there!
Misc:
  • Allen R. is looking for volunteers to help with the Gainesville Mini Maker Faire booth!
    • Allen is heading up the booth at the Gainesville Mini Maker Faire on Feb 24th. He's looking for people to join him, and for demo ideas. Let him know if you are interested in helping!
    • If you want to showcase your own projects at your own booth? Well you are in luck! We are still accepting applications! Visit the link to find more information and put in your application!
  • Want to teach a class?
    • There are a few class slots open in February, if you would like to teach a class/workshop you can sign up here, and I will take care of all the facebook/meetup event creation. Lets share our knowledge!
  • Members, join our Slack Chatroom!
    • Slack is awesome, think of it as a modern-day IRC room. Its a great way to chat just between members. We'd had a good number of members join, if you are an active member and didn't receive an invite, let me know! You can also sign up if you have an @gainesvillehackerspace.org email address.
    • https://gvillehackerspace.slack.com/

Christopher Hoffman

Feb 6, 2018, 5:18:13 PM2/6/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Due to Daniel and Eddie still out of town, the Board Meeting will have to be postponed. I'll let everyone know when it is rescheduled.

I apologize for the short notice.