They're Giving Away Free Dodo Case VR kits (Google Cardboard)!

Rick Fabiani

Apr 17, 2015, 2:03:41 PM4/17/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Seriously, they're giving them away for the cost of shipping. I don't understand, but I picked up a second one just because.

Jason Monsorno

Apr 17, 2015, 2:08:52 PM4/17/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com

It comes to $12 each on small quantities. They really discourage large quantity though with $1,000 shipping per item.

On Apr 17, 2015 2:03 PM, "Rick Fabiani" <rfab...@fabianilaw.com> wrote:
Seriously, they're giving them away for the cost of shipping. I don't understand, but I picked up a second one just because.

Screenshot_2015-04-17-14-06-25.png

Rick Fabiani

Apr 17, 2015, 5:39:31 PM4/17/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone used these with a leap motion before. I know that it is possible and I just picked one up. It really isn't as useful as I would like it to be for my computer, but I thought it would be worth a try to use it with a makeshift VR rig.

GRB352

Apr 18, 2015, 12:56:20 AM4/18/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
The Google cardboard didn't impress me much after about 15 minutes. The OpenDive was not any better.

The interactive cartoon was especially cool, google earth was neat but watching a 3d movie was no bueno. It felt like I was watching a movie through a periscope.

I would like to see a cardboard friendly 3d modeling app though.