Group 3D Print Project - Help Adam Savage and the Nation of Makers with "We The Rosie"!

Christopher Hoffman

May 6, 2018, 10:52:30 AM5/6/18
to Gainesville Hackerspace

I just learned about a project that Adam Savage and the rest of the Nation of Makers is trying to do: *We The Rosies* (https://www.wethebuilders.com/projects/8)

They are making a 6" tall 3D printed Rosie the Riveter, by splitting the sculpture up into 2,625 parts and crowdsourcing the printing.  They want people to claim a part to print, and to print it in a skintone colored filament.

I have a full roll of "natural" ABS filament, which could be considered a pale white skintonesque. I'm donating it to the hackerspace for people to use for this project. Or, you can pick up your own roll of skintone filament and start printing! It would be great to get some folks at the hackerspace to print a few parts. Some of the makerspaces in Orlando are holding print sessions to encourage people to learn how to 3D print and put their first part to a good project!

I have this Thursday Free, so if you want to join me at the 6th street space on Thursday (May 10th) at 7pm, lets get some printing going on!

They are assembling the statue during NOMCon the beginning of June, so they want people to ship parts no later than May 20th. If you print a part, I will take care of shipping costs!

This isn't the first project they've done like this, but this is by far the largest. The rest were 33", ~250 parts. This will be double that height, which equates for 10x the number of parts needed.

Liza Kholodkova

May 6, 2018, 1:32:26 PM5/6/18
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Bought filament for this yesterday!