Job opening: UFIT linux systems team.

Allen Rout

May 2, 2016, 4:32:54 PM5/2/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
We don't have job postings here frequently, but they don't seem to
aggravate folks when they come along.

We've got position 496671 posted.

http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/496671/systems-adminprogrammer-iii

This is a sysadmin/sysprog 3; we're hoping to attract a fairly
experienced generalist, but experience with any of the IBM data
management suite (master data management, API gateway, etc.) would be a
plus.

Our folks are centered on linux systems skills, "Systems
administration", AKA "Systems reliability engineering". Config
management, repeatable installs, puppet and such.

But we also do a lot of applications work: interactions with
PeopleSoft, Oracle, our hosting customers' apps... and we have a lot of
cooperation with the windows and core-infrastructure teams.

There's room here to do neat things, and to grow.

- Allen S. Rout