Looking for drone operators for documentation of pipeline here in Fl.

maureen reschly

Oct 4, 2016, 2:41:39 PM10/4/16
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hacker Space folks,

Have you heard about the Native American protesters at Standing Rock in ND? Well we have our own pipeline here in Fl. that many of us feel should not be put in. It will go under 3 rivers through porous and fragile karst terrain and through our beautiful Springs country. It will be used primarily for export of LNG and is not necessary for our state and it poses an unacceptable threat to our aquifers. In mobilizing to fight it it would be really useful to be able to fly a drone over certain areas, for instance right now there is a big piece of machinery in Polk county stuck in the wetlands for the second time which is leaking hydraulic fuel. If anyone is interested in contributing you drone skill to help please let me know! Thanks!
:)
Maureen

Mark Venzke

Oct 4, 2016, 3:18:05 PM10/4/16
to Hackerspace

Mark Venzke
Post Office Box 6220
Gainesville, Florida  32627-6220

Maureen,

Thank you for your vigilance and for your education and advocacy activities.

With the drone research and development and with the drone manufacturers in Gainesville, I expect that you should be able to muster a "conservation air force" in little time.  I shall mention your need to an acquaintance who is a drone navigation programmer.

I wish you many successes.

Once constituted, perhaps you could let other conservation organization leaders and conservation campaign leaders know of the availability of your conservation air force.

Inline image 2

A free, safe, healthy, civil, attractive, prosperous, sustainable and nurturing world is ours for the making!

Live well, not large or fast.

Harmony and Health,

Mark Venzke

Inline image 1