Re: Design attempt

Allen Rout

Mar 27, 2015, 5:27:38 PM3/27/15
to sr...@cox.net, gainesville...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:24 PM, <sr...@cox.net> wrote:
> Allen sez:
>
>> https://github.com/Skillhouse/promo/blob/master/4up-newmember.pdf
>
> Github sez:
>
>> Sorry, something went wrong. Reload?

I understand they're under DOS... I had to permit a bunch of JS and
flash to get the render to happen. But you should be able to download
it from the repo at:

https://github.com/Skillhouse/promo

> If all we want is how-to-join info, 4-up is probably fine. If we want to do a
> little advocacy, a tri-fold (8.5x11", printed 3 columns on both sides) may be
> better. Or so I'm told in 'Ogilvy on Advertising'

I'm actually hoping to use my horrible design skills to snare someone
who _has_ those skills. "Oh, lord that guy can't make a pamphlet to
save his LIFE. Here. I'll just..."

if nobody whines about the 4up card to get dropped in the box, then
I'll move on, but banner will come before trifold.

- Allen S. Rout

matteroflight

Mar 27, 2015, 7:11:23 PM3/27/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com, sr...@cox.net
Personally, I think the pamphlet looks fine.   Good work!

Allen Rout

Mar 28, 2015, 7:06:10 PM3/28/15
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM, matteroflight <matter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I think the pamphlet looks fine. Good work!

OK, I'll print out a few of them and have them sliced for next week,
so we can muse about how to do them better. Backside is going to be
interesting.

And, thus encouraged, I went and took a first stab at a trifold. I
have a LOT less of an idea about what I want to do with this one, so
it's correspondingly more sucky. The signup form I deem adequate but
engineer-sparse and little designed. The trifold is still more than
half in jest, but I've got enough structure in there to make it pretty
easy for anyone to edit and express ideas about how it ought to look.

It's in the repo, now, at https://github.com/Skillhouse/promo

https://github.com/Skillhouse/promo/blob/master/trifold-prod.pdf

Anybody with an urge: Slap some prose on me. I accept patches,
email, and shouted comments from passing cars, if your diction is
clear.

- Allen S. Rout