Monoprice MP Select Mini 3D Printer $199.99

Daniel Bui

Aug 2, 2016, 5:26:29 PM8/2/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Hi everyone,

This printer seems to have cropped up in several different places on the internet including amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-MP-Select-Mini-Printer/dp/B01FL49VZE.  At first, I thought it was a scam, but the reviews are actually positive.  What do you all think?

GRB352

Aug 2, 2016, 6:44:58 PM8/2/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Monoprice might be the winner in the race to the bottom. Still, what I've heard so far hasn't been the worst news, It amounts to "There are more expensive printers that are worse"

Christopher Hoffman

Aug 4, 2016, 8:22:48 AM8/4/16
to Gainesville Hackerspace
Monoprice has a pretty good reputation in the 3D printing community. Pretty much like what Rob said, decent quality per dollar.

Most people are interested in the Monoprice Maker Select, (its the same model as the wanhao duplicator i3, if you've heard that around the internet). The Maker select was on sale a few weeks ago for 270 bucks, which you absolutely could not beat. The Select Mini only has a 4.7"x4.7"x4.7" build area, which is pretty small, and I think most people would outgrow pretty quickly. The Maker Select has an 8x8x7, which is a workable print volume.