Blast Cabinet

rfEngineers

Feb 16, 2015, 12:34:50 PM2/16/15
to Hackerspace
This is the home stretch guys.

We want to buy this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-capacity-floor-blast-cabinet-68893.html
The blast cabinet with coupon plus tax is $201.39
We have pledges for $175.00
We need $26.39 to buy the blast cabinet.
Is there any more blood I can squeeze out of this stone?

Joe

---

Dave Casey

Feb 16, 2015, 1:24:55 PM2/16/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
done, Who do I paypal?

Inspect it before you leave the parking lot.

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

 - Mark Twain
IMG_7770.JPG

Joseph DiPietro

Feb 16, 2015, 4:02:24 PM2/16/15
to Hackerspace
The blast cabinet has been purchased and delivered to the Northeast
shop. Since I bought it today we got the President's day discount and
saved an additional $23! If everyone sticks to (or increases) their
pledges we will have $23 (or more) to put towards abrasive media,
filters, wheels and other things we will want.

If anyone else wishes to contribute, feel free. We need more stuff.

The next step is to schedule a beer & pizza party to assemble the beast.
Those of you who wish to participate should view some of the videos
available on-line.

Info on abrasive media:

Coal Slag -- good for removing heavy rust. VERY abrasive.
Spark/explosion hazard, needs good ventilation. Very cheap, $15 per
50-lb bag.

Walnut Shell (fine) -- removes surface contaminates without damaging the
underlying material. will take off oil and dirt. used for cleaning
softer metals like brass or aluminum. Coarse shell is not recommended
since it may clog the gun. Environmentally safe. Moisture sensitive. $25
per 25-lb bag.

Crushed Glass -- aggressive abrasive. used for common cleaning jobs and
etching plastic. $35 per 25-lb, $60 per 50-lb.

Soda -- cleans and removes paint with little damage to metal, wood or
plastic. Environmentally safe. Moisture sensitive. $50 per 50-lb bag.

Aluminum Oxide -- very abrasive. removes rust, dirt and oil. can be
used to frost glass. $50 per 50-lb bag.

There are other choices for blast cabinet medium. If anyone can
elaborate or correct me on this summary, feel free. I am NOT an expert
and have some, but not a lot, of experience using a blast cabinet. There
is a great deal of information on line.

Joe

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Joseph DiPietro, P.E.

rfEngineers

Feb 16, 2015, 4:16:26 PM2/16/15
to Hackerspace

Randy Fischer

Feb 16, 2015, 4:32:11 PM2/16/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
For my part, I'd appreciate having the walnut shell, soda, and aluminum oxide at hand.   I'll take a pass on the coal slag.

mic...@danko.email

Feb 17, 2015, 8:04:06 AM2/17/15
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:33:24PM -0500, rfEngineers wrote:
> This is the home stretch guys.
>
> We want to buy this:
> http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-capacity-floor-blast-cabinet-68893.html
> The blast cabinet with coupon plus tax is $201.39
> We have pledges for $175.00
> We need $26.39 to buy the blast cabinet.
> Is there any more blood I can squeeze out of this stone?
>
> Joe

ill send you the bitcoin right now....if you are setup to receive
bitcoin.

Michael

rfEngineers

Feb 17, 2015, 2:28:02 PM2/17/15
to gainesville...@googlegroups.com
I am bitcoin ignorant.
As John Banner used to say, "I know nothing."
Care to educate me?

Joe