GeoChart and TreeMap - Anybody find how to use it?

Michael Bergeron

May 11, 2012, 3:29:48 PM5/11/12
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

This Easy Library is great and just what I was looking for these last days!

The only issue i encounter is that I can't seem to get working the GeoChart and the TreeMap. I know the TreeMap will be tricky because of it's data restriction but I don't understand why I can't get the GeoChart working.

Anybody found how?

*sorry for the bad english - I'm French*

Shan Aminzadeh

May 11, 2012, 3:44:08 PM5/11/12
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

As of right now, the GeoChart will not seamlessly work with the current version of gadash. The problem lies in that the Analytics API outputs the locations of countries in a different format than the input for a GeoChart. This is something the team is working on doing in future development.

Although the library has the ability to use any chart type that Google Chart Tools supports, it may not work without some sort of extra code. One feature we wanted to focus on was making the library robust in that you have full control over the output of the analytics data. That being said, you can use the custom callback function to get the output of countries from the Analytics API and write your own piece of code to integrate it with the GeoChart.

Hope that helps :)

- Shan
UC Irvine Student, contributor to GAdash

Michael Bergeron

May 11, 2012, 5:00:43 PM5/11/12
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply.

Good luck for your future version!

avinash kenjale

Feb 6, 2013, 4:44:11 PM2/6/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shan,

Is Google Analytics API still working to enable GeoChart in gadash script?
I am also still waiting to get this chart on my pages.

Thanks,
Avinash

Shan Aminzadeh

Feb 8, 2013, 3:42:57 PM2/8/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avinash,

I am not certain what the GA API team plans on doing with this feature. While working with their team, I had only offerred a suggestion but not sure if any commitments were made to making this feature more robust.

By all means, you are welcomed to take a look at the GADash source code and make a special use case that will handle the GeoChart option :)

Thanks,
Shan