displaying funnels

tim worley

Feb 12, 2013, 12:37:03 AM2/12/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to display funnel visualisations using the library?

Nick Mihailovski

Feb 12, 2013, 12:46:30 PM2/12/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Not out of the box. You'd have to do some programming to create this. Though http://paditrack.com/ built an app using our API that does exactly this.

-Nick

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM, tim worley <mygarde...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible to display funnel visualisations using the library?

tim worley

Feb 12, 2013, 5:41:51 PM2/12/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nick - are you able to point me to any documentation about funnels and the api?  I can't find anything at all.

nick

Feb 13, 2013, 5:16:03 PM2/13/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are a couple of different funnels in the product. The only one you can replicate is under Conversions > Goals > Funnel Visualizations.

To build then you need to use the ga:pagePath and ga:nextPagePath values.
Together these return a sequence pageA -> pageB

Using this sequence, you can construct a similar output that is available in the reports.

-Nick

tim worley

Feb 16, 2013, 8:28:28 PM2/16/13
to ga-easy-da...@googlegroups.com
thanks nick.

I gather this is not doable to ga-easy-dash reporting though?

Fornexample, can we do something like:

 'dimensions': ['ga:pagePath','ga:pagePath','ga:pagePath'],
 'filters': ['ga:pagePath=~/category/','ga:pagePath=~/checkout.php','ga:pagePath=~/thankyou.php']

to get values on each of those pagepaths?  is there something similar to this we can use in ga-easy-dash?