FW: Is Astro Vanavil a racist channel

Prakash Rao

Oct 19, 2009, 9:43:09 PM10/19/09
to subbarao k, BASKAR RAO SHASTRI, prakash_mdrt@yahoo.com.sg sooriaprakash, satya sai, Dr. Rao, g-t...@googlegroups.com, Krishnan Morrthy Krishnan, kjo...@yahoo.com, KRISHNA K

Namaskaramu mee antharaki,

Our President vented out the atrocious discrimination among the Telugu's deserving channel or movie slots on Astro channel during festive seasons. But, unfortunately, all our request falls on deaf ears and no further move being implemented.

I , therefore, sincerely request all Telugu mithrulu to pay some attention on our President's note and send in a memo to Astro as well as the Ministry of Information for some explanation. Hope all of you could do this small favour for the sake of our mother tongue - Telugu basha. And do not forget our beloved PM's move on ONE MALAYSIA concept since his take over the government.

Gauravamuto, itlu

Chairman
Tam - Sel/Wilayah branch

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 02:21:28 -0700
From: adari...@yahoo.com
Subject: Fwd: Is Astro Vanavil a racist channel
To: ba...@my.atlascopco.com; andy....@hp.com; sugit...@yahoo.com; moor...@hotmail.com; raman...@gmail.com; snok...@yahoo.com; suria...@yahoo.com; pay...@hotmail.com; visha...@yahoo.com; sita....@gmail.com; r...@ktatenaga.com.my

From: Achaiah Rao <dr.ac...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Subject: Is Astro Vanavil a racist channel
To: edi...@thestar.com.my
Cc: Sri Sree Ramulu <sreet...@gmail.com>, samba moorthy <samb...@yahoo.com>, "Naidoo R.A. Adr" <adrn...@yahoo.com.my>, Gopisetti Natchanah <gtle...@gmail.com>, Ravana <youth...@gmail.com>, Vijay Ganganaidu <vijayg...@yahoo.com>, in...@hindusangam.org.my

IS ASTRO Vanavil a racist channel?
It is truely a disturbing Deepavalli Sunday for all Hindus of Telugu origin.ASTRO vanavil shows its discrimination once again against the minorities in Malaysia particularly the Telugu people.In spite of repeated appeals and request from Telugu Association of Malaysia and its community members, ASTRO vanavil programme manager appear to be deaf.Telugu subscribers have reminded ASTRO authorities about this discrimination and ignorance on Telugu programmes many times.Last Sunday  the slots for Telugu programs were completely taken away without any notice.I urge the sensible higher officials in ASTRO to educate the racist officials about sensitivities of the minorities particularly the Telugu viewers.
The PM call for one Malaysia  that is to accept and respect all cultural , religious and linguistic values by all Malaysian appears have not reach to ASTRO Vanavil team.One Malaysia is not only focused on major races in this country but also minorities like Telugu,Malayali,Punjabis and others.
Deepavalli a Hindu festival celebrated by all Hindus in the world, please don't make it as if it belongs to only one ethnic Hindu group as you do it with other Hindu festivals in Malaysia.

Regretfully
Dr.A.K.Rao
President ,Telugu Association Malaysia

Achaiah Kumar Rao
No 15,Jln Bersatu 10,
TMN Bersatu,48000,
Rawang.
Mobile no: 0123045594

Ganesh Rao

Oct 24, 2009, 11:08:07 PM10/24/09
to subbarao k, BASKAR RAO SHASTRI, prakash_mdrt@yahoo.com.sg sooriaprakash, satya sai, Dr. Rao, g-t...@googlegroups.com, Krishnan Morrthy Krishnan, kjo...@yahoo.com, KRISHNA K
Namaskaramu,

Follows addresses to Prime Minister and Minister of Information, Communication and Culture to request 24 hours Telugu channel on Astro and more Telugu movie on TV2 :

1) Y.A B Dato' Sri Mohd.Najib Bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak
Prime Minister,
Prime Minister office
Main Block, Perdana Putra Building,
Federal Government Administrative Centre
62506 PUTRAJAYA
his blog:http//www.1Malaysia.c
om.my

2) Y.B.Dato' Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim
Minister of Informatiion, Communication and Culture,
Level 1,Minister's Office,
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
Jalan Raja
50506 KUALA LUMPUR

Best Regards,

M.Ganesh Rao
Rawang Youth

SAICOM

Nov 2, 2009, 3:15:23 AM11/2/09
to Ganesh Rao, subbarao k, BASKAR RAO SHASTRI, prakas...@yahoo.com.sg, Dr. Rao, g-t...@googlegroups.com, Krishnan Morrthy Krishnan, kjo...@yahoo.com, KRISHNA K

Dear Mitrulara,

Attached our INVITATION to Deepavali Samarpana 2009 @ PJ Sivic Centre.
It's organised by TAM Selangor/Wilayah Branch.
All the artist from Andhra Pradesh.

A SHOW BY REPUTABLE ARTIST REPRESENTS THE STATE AND NOT TO BE MISSED

Call or e-mail to make reservations today.

Regards.

Sathiya
012-2112559
samarpana.jpg