Re: vector graphics

Daniel Zwolenski

Dec 17, 2012, 6:01:25 AM12/17/12
to Jose Martinez, fx-g...@googlegroups.com, Richard Bair
That Titans game look very cool - some nice effects in there.

I think if FX can't be made to do effects like most things in that game (including the zap effect) then we should pack up now. I can't see any reason why in theory it couldn't do it and it would be worth having a crack. I'd be interested but I think I'll focus on the general game play aspects first. Add it to the list though I reckon!

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Jose Martinez <jmarti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey,

Still working on vector graphics.  Man this is hard.  Its easy to make bad/ugly vector graphics, hard to make it look nice.  I was going for something fancy and came out bad.  Going to start over again with something more feasible.

The link below has a video.  At the seconds 0:39 - 0:41 (and again at 0:58 - 0:59) you will see an ElectronZapEffect.  Do you think doing something like that is doable in JavaFX?

The dude who made that game sent me ElectronZapEffect class he used to make it, in case anyone wants to see how it was done.  There is too much information missing to duplicate it but I does show the math that is done.

thanks
jose

Daniel Zwolenski

Dec 17, 2012, 3:31:17 PM12/17/12
to Jose Martinez, Richard Bair, fx-g...@googlegroups.com
Just to be clear on the design on this for when we get to it: I think the approach would be to have one Canvas overlayed over the Level and draw all the little explosions and what not on that canvas in the correct positions.

i.e. I don't think we want lots of little Canvas instances all over the place for performance reasons

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Jose Martinez <jmarti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks for the advice.  That path morphing class sounds pretty cool and useful.

thanks
jose

Dec 18, 2012, 9:40:34 PM12/18/12
to fx-games google group
I pushed to default a VectorEnemy class.  Take a look.  It isn't pretty but its a start.  I tried to do the electricity effect from Return of the Titans game.

thanks
jose