FR API to determine if a process is running

Joe L

Mar 9, 2015, 9:19:38 AM3/9/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.
I am using FusionReactor 5.x on a Windows server 2003R2, Coldfusion 9.0.2. I would like to create something to communicate between 2 processes. Process1 runs to completion, Process2 determines P1 has completed then P2 does its thing. I can have P1 create a file or database table field to say "I have completed successfully, go ahead P2 and do your thing". Since I have FR I was wondering if there was kind of FR API call that I could use to determine if P2 has completed successfully. Does anyone know if there is a function in FR that I can ping on to see if a process has completed succesfully?
Thanks in advance.
Joe

David Stockton

Mar 9, 2015, 9:46:46 AM3/9/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

I'm sure you could cobble something together using the FR API to look at request history / currently running requests - for example, you could start P1 and from P1, trigger P2 (which has a yielding loop checking for whether P1 completes) before it does its task - however, it might be worth considering that CF9 comes with ActiveMQ which being a queue/messaging technology is probably going to be a more robust solution.

Best regards,
David Stockton

Joe L

Mar 9, 2015, 9:50:42 AM3/9/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
I did not know about CF9's ActiveMQ. I will look into that for possible solution.
Thanks David!

Joe L

Mar 9, 2015, 5:09:21 PM3/9/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
I decided to use a data base table/field for the communication.
Thanks again, David.