Free FusionReactor Webinar on : Making the Most of FusionReactor’s Logs, Wed, Jun 7, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT

D Thacker

Jun 2, 2017, 12:48:16 PM6/2/17
to FusionReactor
Hello All,

Next Wednesday you are all invited to our webinar: "Making the Most of FusionReactor’s Logs"

In past webinars we have mentioned in passing, at various levels of detail, the availability, power, and value of FusionReactor's many logs. While those stressed their value (whether for post-crash troubleshooting, or for observing trends, and more), they could only barely mention the tools available to help you make the most of them. In this webinar, veteran server troubleshooter Charlie
Arehart will take you on a guided tour of the logs, with a focus on how to get to them (in the FR UI and in the file system), how to find and use the online help for the logs, and most important how to use tools to make them easier to digest. We'll start with spreadsheet tools (Excel, OpenOffice Calc) which can do a great job lining up columns, as well as offer feature to sort, filter, and of course sum (where appropriate) the data in metric columns.

Then we'll move on to the more advanced notion of pivot tables (or data pilots as their known in Calc), which can do a great job slicing/dicing the data, creating aggregate counts, and lots more. We'll wrap up with the nifty free LogParser tool from Microsoft (which lets you query logs using SQL, from the command line), as well as some other log viewing tools which at least can make it easier to view the FR logs in a nice columnar display. We'll conclude pointing out still other tools/services that focus on digesting/archiving logs of any sort, and then finally we'll discuss briefly FusionAnalytics, a sister tool to FusionReactor which provides a lot of the above in a single package, which we'll go over in more detail in a later webinar.

Cannot attend the webinar? Register anyway and we will send you the recording. The Webinar will be on : Wed, Jun 7, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT

Any questions or suggestions for future webinars let me know and we will put them forward for consideration.

Kind regards,
David