Emails x-mailer

Kev McCabe

Jun 22, 2015, 7:04:15 PM6/22/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When an email is sent from FR is it possible to have a x-mailer set?

Our internal mailer servers require this and without it unable to send the emails.

I see that in the release notes 5.0.3 has the following:

FR3706BugThe ‘user-agent’ string has been removed from Protection emails due to an incompatibility with the JRun engine. A UI option to enable this will be available in the next feature release. If you require this functionality immediately please addrequest.logfile.useragent.mail=trueto your instance’s reactor.conf
Adding this to conf didn't help and also can't see this in the UI yet unless I'm missing something :)

Cheers

Kev

John Hawksley

Jun 23, 2015, 9:03:55 AM6/23/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kev,

I think this is actually two problems, so I’ll attack them separately:

User-Agent

FR-3706 - this ticket made optional (default false) the retrieval of the ‘user-agent’ header from JRun when FR logs web requests against a monitored instance.  We needed to do this to work around an Adobe bug in the JRun connectors:  if they were outdated for the version of IIS/Apache/JRun (i.e. hand’t been recompiled), a “length-of-data” byte read could be misaligned and cause the system to allocate too much memory.  An out-of-memory exception would commonly be subsequently thrown.

This UI option did actually make it - it was in FR-5.1.0+ and can be found in Protection > Settings > Email Settings > Show ‘User Agent’ in Email Notifications.

Second problem:

X-Mailer

I don’t remember seeing this one before, and a grep of our codebase doesn’t find it at all.  I’ll process it into the issue track (FR-5130) as a new feature request, with the usual caveat that it will have to be triaged into the schedule before we can commit to a release for it.  Out of interest, what would you like to have this header set to?  What email server are you using that doesn’t allow mail to be sent without it?

Many thanks,
John

John Hawksley
Senior Software Engineer

www.intergral.com • www.fusion-reactor.com

Intergral GmbH • Schickardstr 32 • D-71034 Böblingen • Germany
Geschäftsführer/Directors: David Tattersall, Darren Pywell
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registration District: Böblingen - Germany

Kev McCabe

Jun 27, 2015, 9:40:47 PM6/27/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Would seem that I was given duff info and things now work since they made the required tweaks.

So ignore me for now :)

John Hawksley

Jun 29, 2015, 3:12:15 AM6/29/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com