FusionAnalytics OT

Brian Cain

Oct 7, 2016, 12:10:34 PM10/7/16
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I know this is a Fusion Reactor group, but I had a question specifically about Fusion Analytics.  I have an installation that provides a lot of great historical detail for analysis that has been invaluable.  One thing that seems to be missing from a reporting perspective is the Request DBN Details when looking at a specific request in Fusion Analytics.  Is there a setting or configuration change I am missing somewhere.  It seems to report all the other data, but this tab is always blank.  It would be helpful to see the specific queries running on any given page for analysis.

Thanks,
Brian

Charlie Arehart

Oct 7, 2016, 12:44:51 PM10/7/16
to fusion...@googlegroups.com

Hi Brian, first let me point out that there is in fact a separate FA group: https://groups.google.com/group/fusionanalytics It’s also followed by the Intergral engineers and many of us here on the FR group, who work with FA also. :-)

But in fact I think your problem here is indeed at root about your default FR configuration instead. I’ll assume first that when you say the “Request DBN Details” being “always blank”. you meant “DSN”. And as for what’s “blank”, I can think of two possibilities (but feel free to clarify if I guess wrong):

1) First, do you mean simply that the DSN name for a given query in a given request is blank? That IS in fact something you can and would need to fix related to FR, but it’s not done in the FR UI, but rather via a config tweak you do to your DSN setup, in the CF Admin when using CF for instance.

There is an available JDBC connection string value of __fusionreactor_name (yes, that’s two underscores at the front) which you’d set in the CF Admin on the DSN in question, clicking its “advanced settings” and putting this in the “connection string” field. For example, __fusionreactor_name=mydsn. You can find docs on this here:

http://docs.intergral.com/display/FR62/JDBC+Monitoring+Options (and you’ll see in the nav bar on the left that this is a section within a larger “manual” on JDBC monitoring).

Many don’t notice it, but there’s also a column in the FR UI’s jdbc details which would also show the DSN name if this tweak was done. And it would also flow through to the logs, which is in fact what FA is processing, and which is why you don’t see the info.

2) That said, and second, maybe your problem is not that you can’t see the DSN name, but rather that you see no queries being tracked in FA at all. That’s a different problem and solution.

FA does require you to enable FR’s JDBC logging. It’s not on by default (there was a time when it was enabled by default when FR5 came out, which also added auto-monitoring of ALL DSNs. That’s another thing that can be disabled via a connectionstring arrg on that page above. They changed that default JDBC logging soon after, because it created large amounts of logs.)

But if you do want FA to analyze all queries, or at least those slower than X seconds (or if any readers want to see those queries logged, whether using FA or not), then you want to enable that, in FR, in the JDBC>Settings>Logging page.

Let us know if these help.

/charlie

eleni_grosdouli

Oct 10, 2016, 6:41:50 AM10/10/16
to FusionReactor
Hello Brian,

Did you manage to solve this issue? If you require further assistance, please contact me in sup...@fusion-reactor.com.

Eleni

Brian Cain

Oct 11, 2016, 8:53:28 PM10/11/16
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eleni,

Charlie's answer to my question solved the issue.

Thanks,
Brian