Stuck Graph After Memory Spike

Ajas Mohammed

Jan 22, 2015, 3:08:49 PM1/22/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have a CF 9.0.1 server on Windows Server 2008 R2 and recently we had a memory spike. I ran the Garbage Collection from FusionReactor ENT Edition v. 5. I got a message about memory being cleared. The Web Metrics screen is kind of frozen even though I can see activity in Request Activity and so on.

Attached screenshot.

Is there a way to restart FusionReactor or service perhaps from windows? What is the best way to do this? Also, I couldn't find the enable/disable option for FusionReactor.

<Ajas Mohammed />
iUseDropbox(http://db.tt/63Lvone9)
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
Graphs_Stuck_OutOfMemory.JPG

Darren Pywell

Jan 23, 2015, 7:31:34 AM1/23/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ajas,

Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

FusionReactor collects data  from samplers (e.g. CPU) and events (e.g. web request). It looks like the out of memory condition has caused the samplers in FR to become damaged. An Out of memory can be a bad situation in Java and can cause instability in the engine in many ways so I would always recommend a restart of CF to make sure that things are operating correctly. There is no way to tell FR to restart the samplers without restarting the JVM either so it's really the only option.

The enable/disable option is under FusionReactor (top-left corner)->Enable/Disable.

Hope that helps,
Darren

Ajas Mohammed

Jan 23, 2015, 7:33:12 AM1/23/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darren,

Nice to hear from you as well. Good timing, was just about to restart CF in few secs. :-)

Thanks,