General Performance issue question

12 vues

DeMarco, Alex

non lue,
17 déc. 2014, 16:28:0217/12/2014
à fusion...@googlegroups.com

I am curious to understand if anyone else has run into this issue.

We have several websites on our IIS7.5 server each bound to their own CFMX 9.x server.  What we observe is that if the CFMX server for website 1 is under duress or has stuck threads , that access to website 2 and 3 are also affected.  Why would this happen?  Is it the plugin between IIS and CFMX that is getting overloaded thus bogging the other site down?

What do others experience?  Is there a way for Fusion Reactor to jump in and take action on this?

Just curious to understand what others have experienced.

Thanks!

-          Alex

Timothy Brown

non lue,
17 déc. 2014, 16:55:0217/12/2014
à fusion...@googlegroups.com
I would guess that they possibly share the plugin or event some DLL files and the issue with server one involves one of those DLL files

DeMarco, Alex

non lue,
17 déc. 2014, 19:36:3417/12/2014
à fusion...@googlegroups.com

It appears that some of the sites share the same booststrap entry

bootstrap=127.0.0.1:51004

Shouldn’t they be unique?

-          Alex

Charlie Arehart

non lue,
18 déc. 2014, 10:50:0018/12/2014
à fusion...@googlegroups.com

Alex, when you said originally, “we have several websites on our IIS7.5 server each bound to their own CFMX 9.x server”, can you clarify what you meant? Do you mean that the different sites (on machine A) map to different instances (on the same machine A)? Or by “own server” do you mean the sites on machine A might map to a CF instance on machine B? That would not be typical.

In any case, the fact that the connector config files indicate that the connectors are configured to point to one port (therefore one instance) would seem to disprove your original assertion above.

So what made you think that was so? If you open the web server config tool, does it really indicate that the different sites map to different instances? It would seem it should not. Maybe you just need to re-do that, but do beware that rebuilding the connectors can often cause trouble. Be prepared to have backed up both the CF and IIS configuration files to be safe, in case you need to recover.

This sort of CF web server connector reconfiguration is something that I can help with in my consulting. It often may take only a few minutes, even if there’s some problem, whereas those who don’t work with it often could be down for hours if something goes amiss, as they google and google trying to figure out what went wrong. I can just connect the dots quicker since I work with this stuff every day. That said, I’m about to travel and will be unavailable for the next 36 hours. Perhaps others here could help if you’re pressed to resolve this sooner, and my tips above don’t do it for you.

/charlie

DeMarco, Alex

non lue,
18 déc. 2014, 12:55:0018/12/2014
à fusion...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the confusion

Different sites map to different CFMX instances on the same server.

Here’s what did.

I ran the connector config and verified that website A was connected to cfmx instance A(via the gui).  However, when I opened up the jrun_iis6_wildcard config file to verify that it was truely pointing to cfmx instance A I realized it wasn’t.

I went thru and reverified it several times.  I updated the bookstrap entry and recycled the IIS server and I believe this solved my issue.    I would imagine that if using the tool I removed the connector for website A and re-added it the problem would have corrected itself.  Hard to tell how it got into this state.  But all is well now.

Safe travels Charlie!

Thanks!

--

Répondre à tous