FusionReactor 6.2.5 Release

eleni_grosdouli

Nov 7, 2016, 5:59:12 AM11/7/16
to FusionReactor
Hello all,

The latest version of FusionReactor 6.2.5 has been released.

For more information about the release notes, please check out the link, FusionReactor 6.2.5 Release Notes. If you want to download the latest version available, check out the link, Download FusionReactor or access your FusionReactor Portal account, FusionReactor Portal.

Feel free to contact the FusionReactor Support Team (sup...@fusion-reactor.com) if you encounter any issues or if you have further questions about the new release.

Eleni

eleni_grosdouli

Nov 7, 2016, 10:10:55 AM11/7/16
to FusionReactor
Hi all,

Just to keep you updated, we believe that the latest version of FusionReactor 6.2.5 contains a fix for the performance issues that some customers have experienced and we strongly encourage users to update to the latest version! The fix is related to the ticket FR-6197.

More details about the HitCount Plugin: The HitCount plugin is enabled by default in the latest version, however, if for any reason you want to disable it, please navigate to FusionReactor > Plugins >All Bundles > FusionReactor HitCount Plugin and click the Stop button.

Feel free to contact the FusionReactor Support Team (sup...@fusion-reactor.com) if you encounter any issues with the latest update.

Regards,
Eleni

Tom Chiverton

Nov 24, 2016, 4:32:28 AM11/24/16
to FusionReactor
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 3:10:55 PM UTC, eleni_grosdouli wrote:
Hi all,

Just to keep you updated, we believe that the latest version of FusionReactor 6.2.5 contains a fix for the performance issues that some customers have experienced and we strongly encourage users to update to the latest version! The fix is related to the ticket FR-6197.

We're certainly seeing less RAM usage under similar load with 6.2.5 over 6.2.x, though I wouldn't say we had "many" pages as mentioned in the tech note. Many to me would mean tens of thousands ?

Tom

Ben Donnelly

Nov 24, 2016, 6:18:33 AM11/24/16
to FusionReactor
Hi Tom,

The Hitcount Plugin is not limited to just pages, it also tracks database and external datasource (HTTP calls). The issue that was fixed in 6.2.5, was to limit the number of unique 'Hits' that where tracked.

During the investigation of this issue, the problem seemed to not be in the WebRequests, but in the use of HTTP calls and JDBC request. The variation in the detected transaction names for these requests resulted in 1000's of unique 'Hits' being tracked.

If you are seeing a reduction in memory usage, but do not feel you have many WebRequest, then i would suspect that you are seeing a lot of variation in  CFHTTP or Database requests. These can been seem on the following pages.

Requests -> Applications (for the WebRequests application break down)
Transaction -> External Sources (for the CFHTTP/HTTPClient break down)
JDBC -> Databases (for the Database break down)

I would be interested to see what numbers you have on these pages. Number of datasource (this is the dropdown on the top right of these pages), also the variation on each datasource.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
Ben Donnelly