Can I install Fusion Reactor 5.1 on Railo 5.2?

JP

May 20, 2015, 3:01:29 PM5/20/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I installed Fusion Reactor from the Railo 5.2 Applications page in the Server Admin. The version that was installed is 5.0.9. I would like to upgrade to the latest version, but I'm not sure how to do that, or if 5.1 will run on Railo 5.2.

JP

May 21, 2015, 2:39:52 AM5/21/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE:

I installed the latest Fusion Reactor (5.2) using the Windows installer into the same location as Railo installed it (C:\FusionReactor). It looks like I have it running correctly and I setup an instance to point to Railo and everything seems fine. However, when I look at the Railo Application page, it show that I have the old version installed. I also cannot make calls directly to the 5.2 API... Railo is handing me the old API lib. Any ideas?

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

May 21, 2015, 10:53:26 AM5/21/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com, jo...@redtopia.com
Hi ,

If you install FusionReactor from the Railo 4 Extension - Applications page you end up having FusionReactor installed differently to the way the regular FusionReactor Setup does it. If you then run the Setup and attempt to update the instance installed via Railo the Setup will not detect this version.

The solution here is to manually update this version:
  1. Download the FusionReactor Single Jar from http://www.fusion-reactor.com/download
  2. Stop the Railo service
  3. Replace the old fusionreactor.jar file (typically in directory C:\FusionReactor\instance\railo.ApacheTomcat7.0.56.vb-windows-7 (or similar)) with the new one
  4. Start the Railo service

FusionReactor will upgrade itself on startup to the new version.

Regards,

Bernd

JP

May 22, 2015, 4:09:03 PM5/22/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com, jo...@redtopia.com
Thank you Bernd. I essentially did the same thing. Here's what I did:

I installed the latest version of Fusion Reactor (FR for short) hoping that it would just update the existing version. It didn't... it might have replaced it, but it left the instance connection folder in the C:\FusionReactor\instances folder. I My instance was no longer connected. I created a new instance in FR and then I noticed that FR was tied to railo in the C:\railo\lib\railo-server\railo-server.xml file - there was an <extension> element for FR that was put there from my original install. I changed the paths/ports, restarted IIS and railo and it worked.