Allow FR to view externally in browser or mobile

Libo Bian

Jan 7, 2015, 8:49:01 AM1/7/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I recently installed FR on our servers in the DataCenter, which we have VPN access to from the office.

So I can access the FR via http://192.168.194.xx:8087/fusionreactor/ or http://servername:8087/fusionreactor/

both 192.168.194.xx and servername can be resolved via the internal network. However I am trying to figure out a way for me to be able to access it from outside the network, i.e: at home or on the road (without VPN in)

My thought was to create a new website (externally viewable) on the same server where FR is installed within IIS. for example: http://monitor.mydomain.com and map it to the same script http://192.168.194.xx:8087/fusionreactor/ mapped to. But I don't know where it is.

Could anyone tell me if this is the good approach or not. if it is workable then where shall I map http://monitor.mydomain.com to (in IIS physical path)?

many thanks

Libo

Brad Wood

Jan 7, 2015, 10:59:48 AM1/7/15
to fusionreactor
Can you just open the port?  If not, I suppose a reverse proxy would probably work, but it's not any more/less secure.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org

Ben

Jan 7, 2015, 11:02:21 AM1/7/15
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Libo

You need to establish a pass through in your firewall for the port number FR uses, pointing it to that machine. Once done, you should be able to use an existing domain name that points to that box to reach it.

Ben