fchmod st_mode file type unset?

JT Olds

Jun 1, 2012, 9:32:50 PM6/1/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hey, another quick question,

Background: I have a low-level interface FUSE filesystem working on
Linux that I am porting to OS X.

when setattr is called due to fchmod, on Linux FUSE the st_mode field
will include the filesystem type flags (the higher order flags of the
mode like S_IFDIR, S_IFREG, etc). Is this another intentional
difference between fuse4x and fuse? Or is this lower level than FUSE,
and fuse is just passing along OS-level data? Should these fields have
the higher order flags?

-JT

Anatol Pomozov

Jun 1, 2012, 9:45:45 PM6/1/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM, JT Olds <he...@jtolds.com> wrote:
Hey, another quick question,

Background: I have a low-level interface FUSE filesystem working on
Linux that I am porting to OS X.

when setattr is called due to fchmod, on Linux FUSE the st_mode field
will include the filesystem type flags (the higher order flags of the
mode like S_IFDIR, S_IFREG, etc). Is this another intentional
difference between fuse4x and fuse?

No, this is a bug that was reported and fixed already. The fix is available in 0.9.1. Right now this fuse4x version is available only in Homebrew, I filed a request to macports as well [1].

Here is a binary package for this version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3842605/Fuse4X-0.9.1.dmg I'll upload it to github in a few days.

JT Olds

Jun 1, 2012, 9:46:42 PM6/1/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks. Sorry for the list-spam.

Anatol Pomozov

Jun 1, 2012, 9:58:27 PM6/1/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi

No worries. If you have a chance please grab the latest version and test that  st_mode in FUSE_STAT works exactly as you expect. Let me know the result.

JT Olds

Jun 1, 2012, 10:25:01 PM6/1/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Looks good. No surprises now.