atomic_o_trunc

Misha Gorodnitzky

May 16, 2012, 10:58:18 AM5/16/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm wondering if Fuse4X supports the atomic_o_trunc option in FUSE.
When I pass that option it seems to recognise it, but the behaviour
doesn't change ... i.e. open() is never called with O_TRUNC and it's
followed by a truncate() instead.

I would have thought that since FUSE handles this already, there would
be little work for Fuse4X to do aside form passing the option along?

Thanks, and great work on Fuse4X overall!

--Misha

Anatol Pomozov

May 18, 2012, 10:08:16 PM5/18/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Misha Gorodnitzky <mis...@pobox.com> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm wondering if Fuse4X supports the atomic_o_trunc option in FUSE.
When I pass that option it seems to recognise it, but the behaviour
doesn't change ... i.e. open() is never called with O_TRUNC and it's
followed by a truncate() instead.

I would have thought that since FUSE handles this already, there would
be little work for Fuse4X to do aside form passing the option along?

Thanks for the report. I have added this functionality to my local repository (it is really a simple change). I'll push it to master later.

Misha Gorodnitzky

May 21, 2012, 6:40:27 AM5/21/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thanks, for that. Looking forward to it.

Out of curiosity, I see that the issues section on GitHub isn't really being used. I guess I could've filed this report there, and until this is actually fixed maybe I do that. But in general, would you encourage people to add issues there? It would make it simpler for people to contribute, and to see what state the project is in ...

Thanks,

--Misha

Anatol Pomozov

May 21, 2012, 11:42:48 PM5/21/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Misha.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Misha Gorodnitzky <mis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great! Thanks, for that. Looking forward to it.

Out of curiosity, I see that the issues section on GitHub isn't really being used.

I guess I could've filed this report there, and until this is actually fixed maybe I do that. But in general, would you encourage people to add issues there? It would make it simpler for people to contribute, and to see what state the project is in ...

Both ways (via issues or via maillist) work fine. Feel free to file an issue if you want to track it.

Anatol Pomozov

May 24, 2012, 5:55:41 PM5/24/12
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Misha

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Misha Gorodnitzky <mis...@pobox.com> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm wondering if Fuse4X supports the atomic_o_trunc option in FUSE.
When I pass that option it seems to recognise it, but the behaviour
doesn't change ... i.e. open() is never called with O_TRUNC and it's
followed by a truncate() instead.

I would have thought that since FUSE handles this already, there would
be little work for Fuse4X to do aside form passing the option along?

The feature you requested is added to fuse4x. Could you please either:

- install pre-release package for 0.9.1 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3842605/Fuse4X-0.9.0.dmg
- or compile fuse4x from https://github.com/anatol/kext

and make sure that it works as expected.