Unable to log in

Eduard Nicodei

Nov 28, 2014, 2:45:06 PM11/28/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am unable to access the bugtracker nor the forum.
My forum username is 'neduard'
I have tried resetting the password. I receive "Funtoo Password Reset Email", but after entering new password it says "key expired".
Interestingly I can edit pages on the wiki: http://www.funtoo.org/

Thanks!

Daniel Robbins

Nov 29, 2014, 10:50:15 PM11/29/14
to funtoo development mailing list
Odd, I thought I had the pw reset thing working fine. Will need to look at it and test more.

I reset your password to 'foobarosity'.

-Daniel

---
Also be sure to check out:
Funtoo Forums: http://forums.funtoo.org
Planet Larry: http://larrythecow.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Funtoo" group.

Eduard Nicodei

Dec 1, 2014, 5:57:20 AM12/1/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

That's excellent, thank you!

I can log into forums and JIRA now, but I am unable to change the password.
Only way I've found is using the forum: "My Settings" -> "Email & Password", but that brings me to http://auth.funtoo.org:9093/reset
After I enter my email and username, I receive a valid password reset link in my mailbox, but when I try to use it, I still get "Error: Key has expired.".
I couldn't find a password reset form in the wiki profile settings nor in JIRA.
I can still log in with the password you have provided.

Regards,
Eduard

Daniel Robbins

Dec 1, 2014, 10:07:02 AM12/1/14
to funtoo development mailing list
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I have had this bug before, but I thought I fixed it. I will test it with my own account.

Daniel Robbins

Dec 1, 2014, 10:26:26 AM12/1/14
to funtoo development mailing list
I officially found the bug. I was setting a database field to a default value of datetime.now() instead of datetime.now. The result was that the "now" was being evaluated when the auth server started rather than dynamically. This resulted in the reset tokens being continually stale.

And, I didn't realize I was replying to the mail list (silly me) -- please use the reset functionality, now working (hopefully), to reset your password to something private :)

-Daniel