qemu requires libusbx

Marcelo Politzer

Mar 24, 2014, 4:13:17 AM3/24/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I had some problems with qemu pulling libusbx specifically instead of
virtual/libusb causing a conflict.

I changed the dep to virtual in my local-overlay and seems to be working fine.

Other than that, the project seems to be merged back and discontinued
from their front page. It might be interesting to switch the default
to libusb.

best,
Marcelo

Oleg Vinichenko

Mar 24, 2014, 7:19:17 PM3/24/14
to Marcelo Politzer, funto...@googlegroups.com

Please, open a report on bugs.funtoo.org :)

Daniel Robbins

Mar 24, 2014, 8:48:31 PM3/24/14
to funtoo development mailing list
Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the report - I was reading in a gentoo bug that there were some politics/splitting of libusb projects, and it appears that a Gentoo developer may have been one of the people on the "losing" side. I am wondering if maybe this is related.

-Daniel

---
Also be sure to check out:
 Funtoo Forums: http://forums.funtoo.org
 Planet Larry: http://larrythecow.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Funtoo" group.

Oleg Vinichenko

Mar 25, 2014, 10:39:03 AM3/25/14
to Daniel Robbins, funtoo development mailing list

I am aware of this libusb fork/unforks politics aswell. This situation s
not fun. We had this package forked and now i had to fork this package
again to avoid things like not working UPS'es. If we need we could just
stay with vanilla (aka legal) package ov 1.0.9 version, which is stabl and
doesn't break.

Marcelo Politzer

Mar 27, 2014, 1:42:02 PM3/27/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Robbins
I was about to create a bug report, but from here it looks like it was
already solved.

https://github.com/funtoo/ports-2012/commit/a48b645a8576f4eab5acaccc3285d5addf28cf60

PS: Took me a while to read because of some weird filter business on
Gmal, I'll keep an eye on it for faster responses.

Best,
Marcelo.