Why does installation of libreoffice-bin include vlc too ?

Guy Fontaine

Nov 5, 2014, 9:04:19 AM11/5/14
to funto...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys !

I installed libreoffice-bin. I was surprised that vlc installed at the same time. I see no direct relation between an office suite and a video player. I is a non sense. Is there anybody who can give a reason ?

Attached file shows what it happened.

Regards,

Guy

app-office_libreoffice-bin.txt

Oleg Vinichenko

Nov 5, 2014, 2:23:56 PM11/5/14
to Funtoo
I'm not sure why Dantrell set vlc dependency to libreoffice-bin, perhaps he could explain.

---
Also be sure to check out:
Funtoo Forums: http://forums.funtoo.org
Planet Larry: http://larrythecow.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Funtoo" group.

Guy Fontaine

Nov 5, 2014, 2:59:54 PM11/5/14
to Funtoo
Thank's Oleg

I found something in the mean time.

vlc now is a backend to libreoffice impress.