FunnelWeb Dead?

Dave Schinkel

May 28, 2013, 1:21:21 AM5/28/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
I see no recent Blog entries on the FunnelWeb blog page, is this project dead?

Aaron Powell

May 28, 2013, 7:24:31 PM5/28/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

Dead? No.

Done? Yes.

See - http://blog.tatham.oddie.com.au/2013/02/20/dead-vs-done/

FunnelWeb solves the needs that Jake and myself have for blogging and through that we’ve found little need to ‘actively develop’ it in any fashion.

Aaron Powell
MVP - Internet Explorer (Development) |
FunnelWeb Team Member

http://apowell.me | http://twitter.com/slace | Skype: aaron.l.powell | Github | BitBucket

Dave Schinkel

May 29, 2013, 12:42:26 AM5/29/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com
ok I see your point of view, just never really saw open source projects as ever being "dead" so-to-say.

there are a lot of things I'd like to see in FunnelWeb and just want to know it's supported if I plan on migrating to it meaning it's actively being worked on by the community, bugs are being resolved, yada yada, otherwise I may consider moving to a different platform but would sure like to use a MVC based blogging solution which is hard to come by.  I just don't want to invest in an open source project that's essentially "done or dead" is what I mean...

Aaron Powell

May 29, 2013, 7:30:37 AM5/29/13
to funnel...@googlegroups.com

If people want to fix bugs , send pull requests, etc I’ll review them and accept them if they warrant it.

FunnelWeb wasn’t ever meant to be a mass market blogging platform, it was for people who wanted to fork-and-go.