100 days wasted. Watch this nine-minute summary (in Hindi) of governance system reforms needed in India

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Aug 31, 2014, 5:14:53 AM8/31/14
to sone-ki-chidi...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends

I've recorded and uploaded a short 9-minute video on youtube today. It explains the two major reforms needed in India: who" (should govern) and "what" (they should do). India's system ensures that criminals and incompetents govern us and our governments do what they should not (while avoiding what they should).

This is a home production but is perhaps functional enough. I aim to do more of these - on different reform topics.

I had explained this to Jitendra Singh (Minister for Prime Minister Office, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions) a few weeks ago, but I don't have any delusion that Modi or his government has any capability to implement fundamental system reforms. They have wasted their first 100 days. Sadly, I expect them to waste the next five years, as well. Bullet trains and other stupid wasteful ideas in abundance (and yes, they will make a lot of black money through such projects), but basic reforms of governance entirely outside their zone of interest.

Regards
Sanjeev