Moving fsharpx to http://github.com/fsprojects

Don Syme

Dec 21, 2013, 9:23:11 AM12/21/13
to fsh...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've discussed this briefly with Jack, Gustavo, Steffen, Mauricio and Tomas.

I propose moving the FSharpx github repo from http://github.com/fsharp to http://github.com/fsprojects. See this discussion: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fsharp-opensource/Dv2TiT9jnZA for more info about the fsprojects space, which is an incubation space for the use of the F# community.

I think this is the right way to balance things. There’s obviously a desire in the community to address the “batteries included” space - FSharpx is one effort in this area, but other efforts are emerging too. For example, see FsLab (https://github.com/tpetricek/FSLab) for an emergine “data science batteries included” combination library.  One approach is that some or all of ExtCore, FSharpx, BasisLib, EnterpriseHelpers etc. may be included in these “targeted mega-packages”.

There is also a movement to separate some of the FSharpx type provider functionality into separate github incubation projects more aligned into thematic areas like FSharp.Data, (http://fsharp.github.io/FSharp.Data/),  FSharp.Management (http://forki.github.io/FSharp.Management). Again this seems like a good way to cut the cake.

Github will look after all the website and repo redirects etc. So you won’t need to change anything.

Thanks
Don

Steffen Forkmann

Dec 21, 2013, 9:37:08 AM12/21/13
to fsharpx

Hi,

I will look into this over the holidays.
There is a lot to do in fsharpx.

Cheers,
Steffen

Don Syme

Jan 19, 2014, 9:28:50 AM1/19/14
to fsh...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

OK, the project  has been moved to http://github.com/fsprojects/fsharpx.

I think some patch up of URLs etc. will be needed in the source of the repo, though GitHub will look after most redirects as I understand it.

Thanks!
Don