RE: [fsharpx] Moving fsharpx to http://github.com/fsprojects

Ryan Riley

Jan 19, 2014, 10:31:38 AM1/19/14
to Don Syme, fsh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Don!

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Don Syme
Sent: ‎1/‎19/‎2014 8:28 AM
To: fsh...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [fsharpx] Moving fsharpx to http://github.com/fsprojects

Hi all,

OK, the project  has been moved to http://github.com/fsprojects/fsharpx.

I think some patch up of URLs etc. will be needed in the source of the repo, though GitHub will look after most redirects as I understand it.

Thanks!
Don

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:37:08 PM UTC, forki23 wrote:

Hi,

I will look into this over the holidays.
There is a lot to do in fsharpx.

Cheers,
Steffen

Am 21.12.2013 15:23 schrieb "Don Syme" <don...@fastmail.fm>:
Hi all,

I've discussed this briefly with Jack, Gustavo, Steffen, Mauricio and Tomas.

I propose moving the FSharpx github repo from http://github.com/fsharp to http://github.com/fsprojects. See this discussion: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fsharp-opensource/Dv2TiT9jnZA for more info about the fsprojects space, which is an incubation space for the use of the F# community.

I think this is the right way to balance things. There’s obviously a desire in the community to address the “batteries included” space - FSharpx is one effort in this area, but other efforts are emerging too. For example, see FsLab (https://github.com/tpetricek/FSLab) for an emergine “data science batteries included” combination library.  One approach is that some or all of ExtCore, FSharpx, BasisLib, EnterpriseHelpers etc. may be included in these “targeted mega-packages”.

There is also a movement to separate some of the FSharpx type provider functionality into separate github incubation projects more aligned into thematic areas like FSharp.Data, (http://fsharp.github.io/FSharp.Data/),  FSharp.Management (http://forki.github.io/FSharp.Management). Again this seems like a good way to cut the cake.

Github will look after all the website and repo redirects etc. So you won’t need to change anything.

Thanks
Don