F# job opportunity @ NSYNK GmbH

Karsten Gebbert

Oct 12, 2016, 5:50:14 AM10/12/16
to F# Discussions
Sorry for >><< please >>

NSYNK Gesellschaft für Kunst und Technik is looking for an entry to intermediate level developer for a full stack role to work on our distributed automation platform. Desirable skills include programming experience in at least one Object Oriented Language, preferably C#/.NET, as well as one strongly typed functional language (F#, OCaml/SML, Haskell, Lisp/Scheme). Additionally, a solid understanding of browser based front-end development and related technologies (JavaScript, DOM, workers, web components), distributed systems and networking are essential. Knowledge of C/C++ and/or Rust is a plus.

Our application is largely written in F#, with front-end code being compiled to JavaScript using the Fable compiler. Junior applicants should demonstrate a strong inclination to learn F# and related concepts, to get up to speed. Our target platform is Windows, so knowledge of Windows, relevant automation and development tools are a big plus, but development on other platforms such as GNU/Linux or macOS are also encouraged.

Initially, Candidates responsibilities will include:

  • Front-end development in F# using cutting-edge web technologies
  • TDD/BDD
  • Windows
  • Git

The ideal candidate is expected to:

  • Independently learn necessary technologies and skills as required
  • Deliver working code in short sprints and at times under pressure
  • Contribute ideas and novel approaches to solving problems
  • Design and implement workflows, as well as help grow the team and company culture

Who we are

NSYNK Gesellschaft für Kunst und Technik specializes in creating advanced media installations and presentation setups, often involving large clusters of audio/video renderers. The Iris platform developed in-house acts as “data glue” for distributing core data structures to all machines in a reliable manner. The browser-based user interface provides a high-level overview over all participating machines, and enables the operator to program and run shows directly from the browser.

We believe in the power of a strongly typed functional code base to model our needs and provide the right abstractions to help us stay productive. That said, we are also open to lateral thinking and diverging approaches. As a small team, decision-making processes are usually short and focused on the most elegant solution at hand. Candidates are highly encouraged to participate in architectural design decisions early on, and generally should strive to contribute to shaping Iris into a reliable and useful product.

Applicants from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.

What you get

We provide:

  •    Informal and thriving atmosphere
  •    Projects around the globe
  •    First-class workplace equipment
  •    No dress code

Locations:

  • Berlin : office near Rosenthaler Platz
  • Frankfurt : small but very efficient office with barbecue and swimming pool

Please don´t hesitate to get in touch with us: in...@nsynk.de

Additionally, the job posting and some background information can be found at http://nsynk.de/jobs