Is there a way to stop this person from posting obscenities in Italian in the group?

Fernando Saldanha

Sep 10, 2017, 8:02:04 PM9/10/17
to F# Discussions

Paul Blair

Sep 12, 2017, 12:39:12 PM9/12/17
to F# Discussions
I agree that this would be desirable. One thing you can do in the meantime is go onto the Google Groups page, select the message, and pull down "Report Abuse" from the pulldown on the upper-right.

Fernando Saldanha

Sep 18, 2017, 10:54:24 AM9/18/17
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
Ok, will do.
> --
> --
> To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
> Google Groups "F# Discussions" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/fsharp-opensource/ne02TMJ2AU8/unsubscribe.
> fsharp-opensou...@googlegroups.com.

Don Syme

Sep 19, 2017, 10:44:26 AM9/19/17
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I suggest keep labelling this stuff as junk mail.

It's a very annoying problem - I looked at the moderator settings and there was nothing I saw except to turn on full moderation, which seems overkill. The messages ARE CLEARLY SPAM SINCE THEY ARE ALL UPPERCASE...... 😊
Learn about F# at http://fsharp.org
To post, send email to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

Fernando Saldanha

Sep 19, 2017, 7:50:08 PM9/19/17
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com
I am not a native Italian speaker but I understand enough to see the
messages are full of obscenities.

Paul Blair

Sep 19, 2017, 11:30:04 PM9/19/17
to F# Discussions
I imagine that these mails come from different accounts so that even if you banned the sender from the list, they'd just sign up under a different name?

Maybe it would be worth turning on moderation temporarily until these attacks go somewhere else. The list traffic isn't very high. Also, I believe there's a setting where you can require that a person be approved before joining the group, something else that might be worth turning on temporarily.

Don Syme

Sep 29, 2017, 10:19:59 AM9/29/17
to fsharp-o...@googlegroups.com

An update on this - I’ve turned on moderation for all new posters. This is catching a few of the messages, though some seem to be getting through

Best regards

Don

Message has been deleted